Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. The times I tend to crave chicken pot pie the most are at the end of long, busy days, which is exactly when I don't have the time to make it. It relies on a few store-bought conveniences and comes together in one skillet, so it's a pot pie you can pull off on those kinds of nights. Who doesn't like chicken pot pie?
Because this skillet pot pie recipe relies on whole milk instead of cream, and is. The key to this easy, yummy homemade chicken pot pie is scratch filling with Pillsbury™ Grands!™ biscuits on top! No rolling pin is needed for Skillet Chicken Pot Pie.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, skillet chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The times I tend to crave chicken pot pie the most are at the end of long, busy days, which is exactly when I don't have the time to make it. It relies on a few store-bought conveniences and comes together in one skillet, so it's a pot pie you can pull off on those kinds of nights. Who doesn't like chicken pot pie?
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook skillet chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Chicken Pot Pie:
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked diced chicken breast.
- Make ready 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Get 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Make ready 2 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery diced.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Get 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Take 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- Get 8 of Pillsbury grands biscuits.
Refrigerated pie crusts give you a leg up in the preparation of this classic comfort dish. Chicken pot pies are a delicious snack or meal. For many people, cooking a chicken pot pie in a skillet only enhances the flavor and texture of dish. The major difference between a regular pot pie and a skillet pot pie is the way it is cooked and that the pastry goes over the filling and skillet rather.
Steps to make Skillet Chicken Pot Pie:
- In cast iron skillet heat oil and melt butter medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and thyme and cook until veggies are soft..
- Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Blend in flour and cook another minute..
- Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream stirring constantly until thickened..
- Stir in chicken, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Add peas and parsley and mix well. Top with biscuits and cook in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes..
Stir until fully mixed and bubbling. This skillet chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food perfect for cold winter nights with a golden pastry crust and loaded with creamy chicken and veggies. Chicken pot pies are one of my favorite comfort food dishes because I grew up eating them. Back then they came out of the freezer section and were served only when my mom didn't feel like cooking, which was maybe once a month. Chicken pot pie cooked in a cast iron skillet is easy and delicious!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food skillet chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!