Baked macaroni and cheese. This homemade baked macaroni and cheese is my most favorite and has pleased crowds, small families, kids and picky eaters alike-give it a try and you'll see why. So if you're looking for the real deal, the old school baked macaroni and cheese the way your grandma might have made it-this is it. Macaroni and cheese is an all-purpose comfort food, ready and able to assist you with any life event.
Get Alton Brown's Baked Macaroni and Cheese from Good Eats on Food Network, a classic recipe made with cheddar cheese and topped with buttery breadcrumbs. Yall this baked macaroni and cheese is FULL OF SOUL!! That is the first thing that came to mind when I took that first bite. You can have Baked macaroni and cheese using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked macaroni and cheese
- It’s 1 box of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 1 lb of sharp cheddar cheese(shredded).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 of eggs (beaten).
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Usually, I'm not that into mac and cheese recipes that involve Velveeta, but this one….yeah, this one gets a pass! I just love how that top layer of smoked cheese forms like a crust. Give up the box mix because making Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese from scratch is easier than you think. Shredding a block of cheese adds a little more prep time but the smooth and creamy results are worth it.
Baked macaroni and cheese step by step
- preheat oven to 350°.
- cook macaroni following the instructions on the package.
- drain macaroni and put drained pasta into a bowl.
- beat eggs and milk in a separate bowl then add parmesan cheese.
- and the egg mixture to pasta then mix in Cheddar cheese stir all together then put the macaroni mix in a greased pan then cut butter on top and Bake until golden brown.
This dish makes for a great side dish that the family will love, or a fun casserole to. This homemade macaroni and cheese is a great alternative to the boxed version—and you can pronounce all of the ingredients. To me Fannie Farmer's recipe is the only "real" Macaroni & Cheese. I kinda get why…not too many people hate macaroni and cheese. Today we are making southern baked macaroni and cheese.