Teriyaki Chicken Ramen.
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, teriyaki chicken ramen. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Teriyaki Chicken Ramen is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Teriyaki Chicken Ramen is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have teriyaki chicken ramen using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Teriyaki Chicken Ramen:
- Get 1 inch of ginger (1 inch = 2.5 cm).
- Prepare 1/4 of onion.
- Get 1 lb of boneless chicken thigh with skin (1 lb = 454 g).
- Get of kosher salt.
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper.
- Get 1 Tbsp of neutral flavor oil (vegetable, canola, etc) (for Step 7).
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of sake (for cooking).
- Get 1 tsp of neutral flavor oil (vegetable, canola, etc) (for Step 10).
- Get of Teriyaki Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sake.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of mirin.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Get 2 Tbsp of water.
Instructions to make Teriyaki Chicken Ramen:
- Gather all the ingredients. Grate ginger and transfer the grated ginger with juice in a large bowl. Grate the onion in the bowl..
- Add all the ingredients for teriyaki sauce in the bowl..
- Prick both sides of the chicken with fork so it absorbs more flavor. Cut the excess skin and fat and lightly season with salt and pepper..
- You can marinate the chicken for 30 minutes (optional). But, even if you do not marinate the chicken, it works fine too. The chicken teriyaki will still have wonderful flavor..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Remove marinade from the chicken as much as possible. This is important so the chicken gets nice sear mark and won't end up cooking in the sauce. Place the chicken skin side down, RESERVING the sauce. Use a splatter screen if you have one – it’s pretty neat tool to prevent from splatter especially you cook bacon and oily foods..
- When fat renders and skin is golden brown, flip the chicken and add sake. Quickly cover with the lid and steam cook the chicken over medium low heat for 8-10 minutes..
- Open the lid and transfer the chicken to a plate. Wipe off excess grease from the pan..
- Flip the chicken and now skin side is up. Pour the reserved sauce. Cook until the sauce is reduced about half, frequently spooning the sauce over the chicken. Once alcohol from sake and mirin evaporates, sugar crystalizes and the sauce gets thicken. Turn off the heat..
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice into a bite size pieces. Serve on a plate and drizzle the remaining sauce on top..
- For the noodle, cook ramen noodle as per instruction in the package, pour some remaining teriyaki sauce in the noodle, and mix well..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food teriyaki chicken ramen recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!