Morpeth Zesty Gingerbread.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, morpeth zesty gingerbread. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Morpeth Zesty Gingerbread is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Morpeth Zesty Gingerbread is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook morpeth zesty gingerbread using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Morpeth Zesty Gingerbread:
- Take of TOPPING MIX:.
- Get of Coarse Oatmeal.
- Take of Light soft brown sugar.
- Take of Hot Water.
- Get of Egg white, beaten.
- Get of DRY MIX:.
- Get of Porridge Oats (med/fine ground- a few secs in a coffee grinder).
- Take of Flour – wholemeal plain.
- Make ready of Cornflakes – well crushed.
- Take of Mixed peel – chopped small.
- Get of Crystallised ginger – chopped small.
- Take of Powdered Ginger.
- Get of Allspice.
- Make ready of Nutmeg – freshly grated.
- Take of Salt.
- Take of LIQUID MIX:.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Get of Syrup – Golden.
- Prepare of Sugar – soft brown.
Instructions to make Morpeth Zesty Gingerbread:
- Prepare Topping Mix the water and brown sugar in a small bowl, then stir in the Coarse Oatmeal. In a frying pan on medium heat, toast this mix for around 5 mins, until the oatmeal is a light golden. Pour into a bowl, and stir to cool. Mix in 2 tsp light brown sugar and ¼ tsp pdr ginger. Mix in enough beaten white of egg, about 1.5 tbsp, to give a just moist, crumbly consistency..
- Prepare Base Layer Tip: To chop up the mixed peel and crystallised ginger, add some of the flour to them first, to prevent sticking. In a large bowl, mix all the DRY ingredients well. Put the LIQUIDS into a medium size pan, boil to 120 C (use toffee thermometer). Add dry mix to pan of liquids, and stir thoroughly. Spread into 12.5” by 8.5” lined metal baking tray, and smooth out evenly..
- Add Topping to Base layer: Brush over with beaten white of egg. Spread topping over, and even out. Press gently into the surface with a flat blade..
- Bake in a preheated fan oven for 5 mins at 130 C, then 20 mins at 140 C. Smooth down the surface gently using a flat blade..
- Allow to cool, and then score into 25 slices, approx. 2 1/2 ins (12.5 inch divides into 5) by 1 3/4 inch (8 3/4 inch divides into 5), and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!.
- Keeps for over 2 weeks without the texture degrading. It also freezes well..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food morpeth zesty gingerbread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!