Irish Tea Loaf | Barmbrack.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, irish tea loaf | barmbrack. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Irish Tea Loaf
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook irish tea loaf | barmbrack using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Irish Tea Loaf | Barmbrack:
- Make ready of Earl Grey, 2 Tea Bags.
- Make ready of Boiling Water,.
- Take of Irish Whiskey,.
- Get of High Quality Dried Fruit Mix,.
- Prepare of Unsalted Butter, For Greasing.
- Take of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Get of Baking Powder,.
- Take of Light Muscovado Sugar,.
- Make ready of Molasses Sugar,.
- Take of All Spice Powder,.
- Get of Egg,.
Steps to make Irish Tea Loaf | Barmbrack:
- Brew earl grey with boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and steep the tea bags until tea is slightly cooled. Remove the tea bags. *Do not be tempted to squeeze the tea bags to extract more tea. It will leave a bitter note.*.
- Add in whiskey and stir to combine well. Add in the dried fruits mix. Stir the mixture to combine well making sure all the fruits are fully submerged..
- Cover and let it sit on the counter at room temperature overnight. The next day, preheat oven to 170 degree celsius or 340 fahrenheit. Grease loaf pan with butter..
- Line parchment paper with the sides overhanging. It will be easy to unmold. Set aside. Strain the fruits mixture thru a fine strainer over a bowl. *Do not discard the liquid. It will be used at a later stage.*.
- Strain the fruits mixture thru a fine strainer over a bowl. *Do not discard the liquid. It will be used at a later stage.* Set aside. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves..
- Set aside. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar and all spice. Stir to combine well. Create a well in the center. Add in egg. Add in the mixed fruits..
- Add in the fruits liquid 1 TBSP at a time, at the same time mixing. Keep adding and mixing until it is very annoying to mix anymore. You should have a wet and sticky dough, but not runny. Discard any leftover liquid..
- Mix to combine well. Transfer into the prepared loaf pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 1 hr, or until the top turns dark brown and pass the skewer test. Remove from oven and set aside until completely cooled..
- Unmold and transfer onto a large cling film. Wrap the cake and set aside for 24 to 48 hrs before slicing and serving. *It tastes better the next day.* Serve with butter and a cup of tea on the side..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food irish tea loaf | barmbrack recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!