Southern Fried Chicken.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, southern fried chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Fried Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Southern Fried Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Fried Chicken:
- Take 300 ml of whole milk.
- Get 20 ml of lemon juice.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 8 of chicken thighs, skinned.
- Prepare 150 g of plain flour.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of English mustard powder.
- Get of Vegetable oil, for frying.
- Get of coleslaw made from shredded white cabbage, grated carrot, mayonnaise, lemon juice and horseradish sauce.
Steps to make Southern Fried Chicken:
- Make the buttermilk by mixing the lemon juice into the milk. Add the salt and stir to dissolve..
- Place the skinned chicken thighs in a bowl and pour the buttermilk over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight..
- In a shallow bowl mix the flour with the salt, white pepper, smoked paprika and mustard powder..
- Take the chicken a piece at a time and place in the flour, turn to coat all over..
- Pour 2cm oil in a wide pan that has a lid, and heat until a small piece of bread turns golden. Add some of the chicken thighs to the pan with a pair of tongs. Don't overcrowd the pan..
- After 2 minutes turn the heat down and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 4 minutes then remove the lid and turn the chicken over. Cook for another 4 minutes then turn the heat up to high again and cook for another 2-3 minutes each side until really brown and crispy..
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and drain on kitchen paper while you cook the rest. Leave to stand for a few minutes before eating accompanied by the coleslaw..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food southern fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!