Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shrimp and sausage gumbo. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have shrimp and sausage gumbo using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo:
- Make ready 1/3 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Make ready 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- Get 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Get 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of okra, sliced.
- Make ready 2 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce.
- Make ready 2 of andouille sausage links.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of raw, deveined shrimp.
- Make ready of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Steps to make Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo:
- Create a roux with flour and cooking oil. Stir and cook on medium until roux turns a dark reddish brown.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, garlic, and okra. Cook for 8-10 minutes until vegetables tender..
- Add chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, and Tabasco sauce. Bring to a boil, then stir in sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then add shrimp and cook a few minutes until done..
- Serve over rice.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shrimp and sausage gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!