Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Make ready of to 300 grams fresh leeks.
- Make ready of to 3 brown onions.
- Make ready of smoked garlic.
- Get of unsalted butter.
- Make ready of plain flour.
- Prepare of vegetable stock (use more if the leeks were large and the soup is to thick).
- Get of heavy cream ( double cream).
- Get of each salt or salt substitute, dried coriander or flat parsley leaf and fresh ground black pepper.
- Make ready of to 3 drops or to taste, worcestershire sauce (optional, but recommended ).
- Get of or to taste sherry or brandy (optional, but recommended ).
- Make ready of precooked crab ( or use croutons of your choice instead).
Steps to make Sig's Leek and Crab (or Croutons) Soup:
- Wash the leeks well and chop into small rings , reserve some of the rings.
- Peel the onions and the garlic and chop roughly.
- Add the leeks,onions, garlic, butter and saute, do not fry or brown them , dust with the flour until all is used and has slightly thickened the mixture .Add the vegetable stock slowly stirring all the time . Gently cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly .Puree all with a blender or food processor . Add half the cream , all brandy or sherry if using and season with pepper , salt parsley or coriander and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the precooked crab meat just before serving with the rest of the cream and Leek cutting.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sig's leek and crab (or croutons) soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!