Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese.
You can cook Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
- You need of bacon.
- It’s of large head of cauliflower.
- It’s of dried macaroni.
- You need of Olive oil as required.
- It’s of cheddar cheese.
- You need of thick slices of bread.
- Prepare of Large spring of fresh rosemary.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of creme fraiche.
- You need of Salt and peper.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- Fill the kettle with water and bring to a boil..
- Preheat the oven on 220 C.
- Lay the bacon in the dish and put on the top shelf of the oven to pre cook.
- Trim off any coarse of spoiled outer leaves from the cauliflower and remove the tough end of the stalk..
- Quarter the head and break it up into large pieces. Place in a large saucepan, stalks downwards and add the macaroni..
- Pour over boiling water to cover the ingredients, season, add a little olive oil and place on a high heat. Stir well until it reboils and cook with the lid a jar..
- Grated the cheddar cheese and tip into a bowl. add the creme fraiche and crushed garlic..
- Remove the bacon from the oven. Using food presessor process well with the bread and rosemary leaves..
- Add a good drizzle of olive oil to bind the ingredients..
- When the cauliflower and the pasta is just cooked, reserving the cooking water. Drain it all through a colander into a large bowl..
- Tip the pasta mixture into the dish, add about 400 ml of reserved cooking water. Stir in the creme fraiche and cheese mixture. breaking the cauliflower with a potato mashed until you have bite sized pieces..
- Season. The sauce should be loose and if necessary add another splash of the reserved cooking water..
- Spread the mixture out evenly in the dish and scatter over the breadcrumbs topping..
- Cook on the top shelf of the oven for arond 8 – 10 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the mixture bubbling..
- To serve, grate over some parmesan cheese..