Southern Country Boil.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, southern country boil. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Southern Country Boil is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Southern Country Boil is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern country boil using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Country Boil:
- Take of Main Ingredients.
- Prepare of corn on cob – halved.
- Get of red potatoes – quarted or halved.
- Get of water or enough to cover.
- Prepare of par or fully cooked crab legs (look in your freezer section) If you can find fresh use instead..
- Prepare of raw jumbo shrimp- deviened (peel/tail-on optional).
- Take of smoked sausage links like polish kilbasa.
- Make ready of seasoning.
- Prepare of Old Bay crab/seafood boil.
- Take of salt.
- Make ready of Serving and garnish options.
- Take of lemons – wedged or sliced.
- Make ready of parsley or scallions.
- Make ready of melted butter.
Instructions to make Southern Country Boil:
- Start with 2 quarts of water in a very large stock pot. place on high heat to boil..
- Halve or quarter red potatoes to roughly same size and add to pot. Cook until tender but slightly under done.
- Add sausage links, corn cobs, Old Bay season bag, and salt to pot. Add more water to cover if needed. Bring back to boil..
- Add crab legs and time cooking according to package (5-7min) . Add more water to cover if needed, making sure water is still very hot. 5 mins after adding crab, add shrimp. shrimp should cook only 2-3 mins. cover your pot and remove from heat. let steep for additional 5 minutes..
- Be careful not to overcook your seafood ingredients! This can happen quickly and you will end up with tough seafood. good rule of thumb for shrimp is the shape in which it curls up. C is for cooked, O is for overcooked..
- remove all ingredients from pot and place on a large platter. serve with melted butter and lemon wedges. garnish with chopped parsley or scallions if desired..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food southern country boil recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!