Baked Pasta & Cheese.
You can have Baked Pasta & Cheese using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Pasta & Cheese
- You need 2 lbs of Pasta (I like Cavatappi or Rotelle).
- Prepare 1 lb of Fresh Sliced American Cheese.
- You need 8 oz of Mild Shredded Cheddar (you can use sharp).
- Prepare 3 Sticks of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need of Whole Milk.
Baked Pasta & Cheese instructions
- Cook pasta according to directions in Salted water (cook Al dente) – drain.
- Mix in butter.
- Fold in half of the American Cheese.
- Fold in the Cheddar.
- Add milk and the rest of the American Cheese.
- Once thoroughly blended, transfer to a sizeable baking dish (I use an aluminum half size steam table pan).
- Cover top of mixture with 12-16 additional Slices of American Cheese.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30-45 minutes until top is melted and starts to turn golden, not burned (time will depend on your oven).
- Serve hot and enjoy.