Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken and dumplings – slow cooker. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken and dumplings – slow cooker using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker:
- Get of Stew Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 lb. of russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Take 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Make ready 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Make ready 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Take 1 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt-free all purpose seasoning.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. of each poultry seasoning, nutmeg, garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream, at room temperature.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare of Dumpling Ingredients:.
- Take 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Take 1 tbsp. of dried parsley.
- Take 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Instructions to make Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker:
- Grease the slow cooker (6 quart size) well. Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic into the slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the veggies and then sprinkle on the seasonings. Pour the broth over the top, set the heat to low, then place the lid on for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and everything is tender..
- For the dumplings: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the dumplings…the 1 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and parsley. Then stir in the egg and buttermilk until just combined…do not overmix or the dumplings will be tough. Set this batter aside..
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it and stir it back into the slow cooker along with the corn. Taste and add whatever additional seasoning you think it needs. Then, make sure the heat is switched to high temperature for the next steps. Whisk together the 1/4 cup all purpose flour and cream until smooth, then whisk it into the slow cooker..
- Drop the dumpling batter by small spoonfuls over the top of the slow cooker contents until it's all used up. Keep in mind that the dumplings will expand as they cook, so leave a bit of space between them. Place the lid back on and cook on high heat for an additional 35 minutes – 1 hour..
- Once it's ready, the soup should have thickened and a toothpick inserted into the dumplings should come out clean. Once it's ready, serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken and dumplings – slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!