Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go).
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chinese turnip cake (lo bak go). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chinese turnip cake (lo bak go) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go):
- Take of chinese turnip or daikon radish, grated.
- Make ready of water.
- Make ready of Oil.
- Take of dried shrimp, washed, soaked and chopped.
- Take of dried chinese black mushroom, washed, soaked and chopped.
- Make ready of chinese sausage, diced.
- Prepare of char sew pork, diced.
- Get of spring onion, chopped.
- Prepare of rice flour.
- Prepare of corn starch.
- Get of Salt, sugar, pepper.
- Get of Oyster sauce for dipping (optional).
Steps to make Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go):
- Grate the turnip use largest holes on a box grater..
- Add grated turnip and water to a wok and bring to a simmer. Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly so the turnip does not brown..
- The turnip will produce liquid, some of which will evaporate. Cook it until you have about 3/4 cup liquid left in the pan with the radish..
- Pour everything including the liquid into a large mixing bowl to cool..
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp oil. Add dried shrimp, mushroom, sausage, char sew and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Stir in chopped spring onion and remove from the heat to cool..
- Add rica flour, cornstarch, salt, sugar, pepper to the mixing bowl with the radish and cooking liquid..
- Mix well until dry ingredients are well incorporated..
- Add in the cooked shrimp, mushroom and sausage, and be sure to scrape the oil from the pan into the batter. Mix well and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Give the batter a final stir and pour it into a well, oiled loaf pan. Place the pan into a steamer with plenty of water and steam it into medium heat for 50 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the steamer and let your turnip cake set for about 30 minutes. Once cooled, loosen the sides with spatula and turn it out into the chopping board..
- Use a sharp knife dipped in water to slice 1/2 inch thick pieces..
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a non stick pan over medium heat. Fry the cake of both sides until golden and crispy. Serve with oyster sauce..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chinese turnip cake (lo bak go) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!