Portuguese Rice Pudding.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, portuguese rice pudding. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Portuguese Rice Pudding is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Portuguese Rice Pudding is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook portuguese rice pudding using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Portuguese Rice Pudding:
- Get 1 L of 3% (Homogenized) milk.
- Get 1 L of Water.
- Take 1/4 lb of Butter (unsalted preferably).
- Get 2 tsp of Salt.
- Take of Sliced zest of small lemon (count pieces of zest to ensure that all are removed later).
- Get 1 1/4 cup of Arborio or Carolina Rice, soaked in water.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 3 TBS white sugar.
- Get 6 of Egg Yolks.
- Make ready of Cinnamon (for garnish).
Steps to make Portuguese Rice Pudding:
- Cover with water and soak the rice in a small bowl (not the same water as below) and set aside..
- Combine milk, water, butter, salt and lemon in a large pot. Be sure to count pieces of zest to ensure that all are removed later..
- Bring contents of pot just to a boil using medium heat..
- When milk boils drain the rice from step one and add it to milk..
- LISTEN VERY CAREFULY – IMPORTANT STEP!!! Stir a couple of times to mix then leave on LOWEST heat WITHOUT STIRRING until rice grains come to the top of liquid, it will look almost solid. This takes at least 1 hour and maybe longer depending on the kind of rice used. Test to see that the rice is soft. If not, leave a bit longer..
- Remove pieces of lemon zest..
- Add Sugar and stir pot for 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve.
- Lightly beat and add 6 egg yolks.
- At this point start stirring constantly until mixture thickens and looks creamy, about 5 minutes..
- Pour into a large heatproof dish or several smaller dishes, sprinkle with cinnamon and let cool..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food portuguese rice pudding recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!