Nadan Njandu Biryani / Kerala Style Crab Dum Biryani.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, nadan njandu biryani / kerala style crab dum biryani. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nadan Njandu Biryani / Kerala Style Crab Dum Biryani is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Nadan Njandu Biryani / Kerala Style Crab Dum Biryani is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook nadan njandu biryani / kerala style crab dum biryani using 37 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Nadan Njandu Biryani / Kerala Style Crab Dum Biryani:
- Make ready of For Crab Masala:.
- Make ready of Crabs cleaned and cut into pieces.
- Prepare of Onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Kanthari Mulaku (Bird’s Eye Chilies) or spicy green chilies finely chopped.
- Take of Tomato finely chopped.
- Get of Ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare of Yogurt.
- Take of Coconut milk.
- Take of Turmeric powder.
- Take of Kashmiri Red chilli Powder.
- Get of Biryani masala powder (optional).
- Take of Mint leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Cilantro leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare of Lime juice.
- Take of Ghee /Oil.
- Take of For Rice.
- Get of Basmati rice.
- Get of Water.
- Get of cloves.
- Prepare of Cardamom pods.
- Take of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of Bay leaves.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for garnishing.
- Get of Ghee.
- Prepare of Onion thinly sliced.
- Make ready of Cashew nuts.
- Prepare of Raisins.
- Take of Coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Get of Mint leaves, finely chopped.
- Get of Pineapple Pieces, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Biryani essence.
- Prepare of Saffron (optional).
- Take of Ingredients for dum:.
- Take of All purpose flour/maida:.
- Prepare of Water.
Steps to make Nadan Njandu Biryani / Kerala Style Crab Dum Biryani:
- In a deep-bottomed vessel, boil water and add the cleaned crab pieces with a pinch of turmeric powder, and cook for 10-15 mins on medium flame. Remove from heat and drain the water completely. Keep it aside..
- Soak the rice for 15- 20 mins and drain keep it aside..
- And a large pan, heat ghee. Add the sliced onions & chopped chilies and saute until translucent and golden brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until it becomes soft and mushy. Add ginger-garlic paste, chopped mint & coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, biryani masala powder, & salt. Mix well until the raw smell is gone and the masala begins to get dark. Reduce the flame, add yogurt and mix well..
- Add the cleaned crab pieces and coconut milk. Mix thoroughly so that the crab pieces are well combined with the masala. Cook it covered on low flame for 15-20 minutes or until the gravy becomes little thick and crab cooked well..
- In a deep-bottomed vessel, add ghee. Add the spices and fry for a min until a nice aroma arises. Add the drained rice and fry for few minutes making sure not to burn the rice. Add lemon juice and warm water to the rice. Once it starts to boil, cover with a lid and cook until the rice is half cooked. Drain the excess water and keep it aside..
- In a pan, heat oil. Add the sliced onions and saute until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel. Fry cashews and raisins until they turn golden, drain them on paper towel. In a small bowl, mix maida with little water to make a smooth dough. Keep it aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread out half of the cooked rice in a greased oven proof dish followed by the crab masala evenly over the cooked rice. Add the remaining rice. Sprinkle fried cashews, raisins, fried onions, chopped pineapple pieces, chopped coriander and mint leaves, few drops of saffron milk, and biryani essence over the rice..
- Close with a tight fitting lid and seal the edges of the lid with prepared dough. (You could also seal with it with aluminium foil). Bake it for 15-20 mins. When it is done, remove and keep the dish covered until serving..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food nadan njandu biryani / kerala style crab dum biryani recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!