Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry). A toothsome shrimp curry made with a spicy coconut sauce, straight from the land of coconuts and seafood, Kerala. One of my most favorite shrimp recipes is this delicious shrimp coconut curry or chemmeen curry as we call it. (PS: Though there might be slight differences in what are known as. Originating in India, curry describes a variety of dishes, typically sauces, that contain a variety of exciting and complex spices.
And I'm delivering it in two different versions, one that was the original from a cereal cooking challenge I was part of and the other version minus the cereal for those of you looking for a simpler. A tangy Coconut Shrimp Curry flavored with garlic, ginger and chili peppers instead of curry Another shrimp preparation I love (see my Spicy Firecracker Shrimp Recipe), is a light and tangy The vibrant yellow color of the curry comes from using a dash of turmeric powder, which also lends a. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lemon juice, pepper, salt, sugar, curry powder, and maggi and mix well.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
A toothsome shrimp curry made with a spicy coconut sauce, straight from the land of coconuts and seafood, Kerala. One of my most favorite shrimp recipes is this delicious shrimp coconut curry or chemmeen curry as we call it. (PS: Though there might be slight differences in what are known as. Originating in India, curry describes a variety of dishes, typically sauces, that contain a variety of exciting and complex spices.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- Take 1/2 lb of shrimp peeled fresh raw small or medium size (about 15-20 medium size).
- Get 1 cup of plantain drumsticks raw (green) thinly sliced or.
- Make ready 1 inch of cut into pieces (Optional).
- Make ready 3 – 5 of green chillies fresh slit (use 3 if you want mild, 5 if you want hot).
- Take 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (use 1/4 tsp if you want it really mild).
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsps of salt.
- Get 2 – 3 of small pieces of kodampuli (soaked in 1 tbsp hot water for about 10 minutes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Get 1 cup of coconut freshly grated (or fresh frozen grated).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of red onions chopped.
- Get 1 cup of water warm.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Get 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare one sprig of curry leaves fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red onions finely minced.
- Take 2 of chillies medium-sized dried red (torn in half).
Serve the curry with brown rice and garnish with cilantro. Coconut shrimp curry is one of those quick and easy weeknight dishes. This shrimp curry is convenient too, if you, like me, happen to keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer and a can of coconut milk in the pantry. This traditional shrimp or fish preparation is a window into the distinctive flavors of the region, known more for the aromatic nature of its spices than the Coconut forms an integral part of the cuisine and is used liberally in this dish as well.
Steps to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- De-vein the shrimp and wash it nicely in cold water and place it in a nice medium size deep pot or vessel..
- To this pot, add the cut plantains or the drumstick pieces(if adding), green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric, kodampuli (with the soaked water), salt and about 1/2 cup water..
- Keep this pot on the stove and once the water starts to boil, lower the heat to medium and cover the pan. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. Put the stove off and set aside..
- Now take the grated coconut – If you are using frozen grated coconut, thaw it first, either keeping it at room temperature for about an hour or by warming in a microwave oven for 30 seconds. Grind the coconut finely in a food processor or a blender with the 1 cup warm water along with the onions. The finer the texture of the ground coconut, the more delicious this curry will taste..
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked shrimp in the pot. Place on stove again and turn heat to low and allow the mixture inthe pot to simmer for about 2 minutes on medium flame. Do not let the coconut mixture boil. Then turn off the heat and keep aside..
- Lastly, take a small pan for doing the final tadka (oil garnish) and heat the coconut oil in it till you get the aroma. Then add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add the red onions and as they begin t turn golden brown, add the curry leaves and the dried red chillies. Wait for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Add this oil mixture on top of the shrimp and coconut curry..
- Serve with steamed parboiled rice and / brown rice..
The resulting amalgamation of naturally sweet coconut milk and. On a Side Note: I always loved curry-coconut shrimp in restaurant eventhough nutrition-wise it's right up there with alredo sauce. So I could never bring myself to make this at home considering how terribly fattening it is. An incredible Coconut Curry Sauce that's creamy with great depth of flavour yet is simple to make with everyday spices. Here's a really terrific Coconut Curry Sauce with beautiful depth of flavour yet is made with everyday spices.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!