Apple white cheddar grilled cheese. Apples and honey are classically perfect for each other, only to be made more handsome when they let the sharp, saltiness of aged white cheddar into the club house. This sandwich tastes great grilled up in a bit of butter and served as a breakfast or afternoon snack. Sharp cheddar and apple are a classic flavor combination that gets even better when sandwiched between sourdough then grilled until the cheese is perfectly melted.
Apples and cheese are a snack-time classic, so it's only natural to throw them between two slices of bread and grill the whole thing up. Here, Vermont aged cheddar is paired with the timeless complement of green apples for a tart, satisfying snack. Some of you asked what my favorite comfort foods are, so I decided to share how I make an apple cheddar grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. You can cook Apple white cheddar grilled cheese using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple white cheddar grilled cheese
- Prepare 4 slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread.
- It’s 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese 3 oz.
- You need 1 of small apple thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of thin slice red onion separate into rings.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes optional.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
The classic combination of tart apples and savory Cheddar transform a basic grilled cheese into a sophisticated sandwich. Top each with two slices of cheese, the apple slices, a third slice of cheese and another piece of bread. And this grilled cheddar and apple sandwich lunch? It's not your typical sandwich because every bite is better than the next.
Apple white cheddar grilled cheese instructions
- Layer each of two bread slices with 1 slice cheese.
- Top with the apple and onoin.
- If desired sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bread.
- Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet toast sandwiches over medium low heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted..
If you pack it how I showed you in the video above, it will be crispy for lunch -granted not hot- but we all know how delicious a crispy, buttery, piece of bread can be. Your childhood grilled cheese but all grown up. Apple & Cheddar: The Pairing Guide. Pairing apples and cheddar is a win-win no matter which varieties you choose. Yet with all the options out there, we thought a bit of guidance could really help those pairings pop.