Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, lobster bisque. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Lobster Bisque is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Lobster Bisque is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have lobster bisque using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lobster Bisque:
- Make ready of lobsters , each . 4.
- Take of tomato paste.
- Get of white onion , coarsely chopped.
- Take of celery , coarsely chopped.
- Prepare of carrot , coarsely chopped.
- Take of leek , sliced.
- Get of bay leaf.
- Prepare of white peppercorns.
- Prepare of mace.
- Take of thyme.
- Take of parsley.
- Make ready of saffron.
- Make ready of heavy cream.
- Get of sherry.
- Make ready of black pepper , freshly ground.
- Make ready of cornstarch.
- Prepare of salt.
Instructions to make Lobster Bisque:
- Fill a large stockpot with enough water to cover the lobsters. meanwhile, as the water is heating up, place the lobsters in the freezer to put them to sleep..
- When the water reaches a rolling boil, gently place the lobsters fresh out of the freezer into the pot..
- When the water reboils, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. add the bay leaf, white peppercorns and mace at this stage..
- Remove the cooked lobsters from the pot, and reserve the cooking liquid..
- Place 10 cups of the stock (cooking liquid) in a clean stock pot and put on a low heat..
- Remove the meat from the lobster tail and claws, cut into bite size pieces and set aside..
- Place the lobster shells, legs, etc. (cut into pieces) in the stock pot and add 18/2 cup tomato paste. simmer on a low heat for about 1 1/2 hours..
- Blend the contents of the stock pot in a heavy duty blender, and when pureed well, strain it through a chinois sieve. you should have approx. 8 cups of the soup base..
- Place onions, celery, carrots, thyme, parsley and saffron in a large saute pan, add 4 cups stock from original stock pot and put on high heat for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes..
- Add 1/2 cup tomato paste and black pepper. Turn down heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Press entire contents of saute pan through sieve into stockpot of 8 cups previously made stock..
- Put pot on medium heat. Add heavy cream slowly, using whisk to blend..
- Add sherry. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes; bisque will thicken slightly..
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and slowly add to bisque with whisk. Simmer on low heat for another 20 minutes..
- Place pieces of previous cleaned lobster meat in bowl and add 1 cup of bisque..
- Garnish with parsley..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food lobster bisque recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!