Caprese Pasta with Sausage. This caprese pasta with whole wheat penne and Italian sausage is a protein packed, lighter take on the classic. It's packed with a full pound of fresh tomatoes, and just enough pasta to satisfy a craving but still be considered low carb. Enjoy Italian cuisine night with Betty Crocker® Suddenly Salad® basil pesto pasta salad mix!
Caprese pasta tossed with a cherry tomato and Zesty Italian sauce and topped with fresh mozzarella cheese One Pan Potatoes and Sausage. Click the Bookmark Icon to Add to Your Favories. If you like cheesy flavorful pasta, having dinner ready in the time it takes to boil a box of noodles, and using. You can have Caprese Pasta with Sausage using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caprese Pasta with Sausage
- You need of Sauce/ topping.
- You need 1 packages of Garlic and herb chicken sausages or similar (4 links), sliced into thick rounds.
- You need 6 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 packages of Cherry tomatoes halved.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh basil.
- It’s 1 packages of Mozzarella ball, cubed.
- You need of Fresh Parmesan, shaved.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Raw pine nuts, crushed.
- You need of Pasta.
- You need 1 packages of Fusilli pasta.
The Best Tomatoes for Caprese Salad. The great thing about making a caprese in the summertime is that pretty much any tomato you use will taste great. Although balsamic vinegar in any form isn't used in a classic Italian caprese, I'd argue balsamic glaze more than deserves its place in this salad. Recipe courtesy of Jill Biden and Joe Biden.
Caprese Pasta with Sausage step by step
- Heat oil in large pan. Add sausage slices, cook on medium until edges are start to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes on medium to low heat..
- Bring water to a boil in large pot while cooking sausages. Follow pasta instructions.
- Once sausage is browned and garlic is soft, add large handfuls of fresh basil leaves. Fill the entire pan, and simmer on med- low heat until basil shrinks..
- Add cherry tomato halves, season with salt and pepper, add crushed pine nuts, continue to cook on med-low heat until tomatoes are warm..
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Add cubes of mozzarella to the sauce right before taking off the heat. Let sit for 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt, then toss pasta topping into large pot of pasta. Drizzle more olive oil into pasta. Serve and add desired amount of fresh sliced Parmesan. Great served warm or cold. Enough for 4-6 people.
This Caprese Pasta Salad recipe is super quick and easy to make ahead of time, and it's always a crowd favorite! This yummy little impromptu caprese pasta salad that I whipped up to bring with me. My friends gave it two thumbs up, so I thought I'd share it with you guys today as well.. Get these exclusive recipes with a. Caprese pasta salad is an easy Italian dish made of juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh sweet basil, all combined with pasta for a fresh and perfect dish.