Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, soup base – seafood, fish or vegetable. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have soup base – seafood, fish or vegetable using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable:
- Take of Fish, shrimp/lobster/crab shells or mixed vegetables.
- Prepare of Animal fat or butter. I use beef fat because I like the 'Surf and Turf' Flavor.
- Get of Sea salt – you can use any edible salt here but if you use iodized salt use a little less..
- Make ready of Filtered water.
Steps to make Soup Base – Seafood, Fish Or Vegetable:
- Use fat or butter to brown your shells, fish or vegetables. Once sufficiently browned (about 5-6 minutes) add the salt and half the water (2 quarts)..
- Let reduce to about 2 cups of water over low to medium heat. If you are watching it then you can use higher temperatures..
- Add rest of water and reduce to about 1 quart..
- Using a sieve or colander with cheese cloth (or even a cotton towel) filter out all the chunks of material..
- Using a smaller pot continue to reduce to stock further till the boiling bubbles start to last longer and the liquid becomes syrup like..
- At this point you can reduce it slowly to make it more thick. Though I just let it cool and put in a small jar in the fridge. This will last up to 2 months in the fridge. Maybe longer. But I use mine up pretty fast..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food soup base – seafood, fish or vegetable recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!