Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese.
You can cook Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare of elbow macaroni.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of finely chopped onion.
- You need of milk.
- You need of heavy cream.
- It’s of unsalted butter (1 stick).
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- It’s of dijon mustard.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of shredded white cheddar.
- Prepare of gruyere.
- Prepare of fontina.
- It’s of cooked and coarsely chopped bacon.
Fontina, Gruyere, White Cheddar and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook macaroni until barely al dente. Drain and return to pot..
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook till soft. Add butter and cook until melted, stir in flour. Stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk milk and cream into flour mixture until smooth. Reduce heat to low and whisk until it starts to thicken..
- Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add white cheddar, fontina, and gruyere and stir until melted..
- Fold bacon and macaroni into cheese sauce until coated. Spread mixture in 3-quart baking dish..
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbling..