Authentic Pad Thai.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, authentic pad thai. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Authentic Pad Thai is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Authentic Pad Thai is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook authentic pad thai using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Authentic Pad Thai:
- Get of Sauce:.
- Make ready 6 Tbsp of light brown sugar,.
- Take 6 Tbsp of tamarind paste or rice vinegar,.
- Make ready 4 Tbsp of fish sauce or Thai Taste – Vegan 'Fish' Sauce.
- Make ready 2 Tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Take of Pad Thai:.
- Make ready of Instant rice noodles (Mama brand).
- Take 400 g of king prawns / sliced mushrooms,.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Thai red chilli flakes or normal chilli flakes (use less for mild),.
- Make ready 2 of spring onions roughly chopped,.
- Get 1 of English shallot, sliced,.
- Get 2 of eggs whisked (you can omit this to make it vegan),.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oil (we recommend peanut oil),.
- Get Handful of beansprouts,.
- Get 2-3 of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- Make ready of Tofu:.
- Prepare 4-6 tbsp of crushed peanuts,.
- Take 1 block of tofu drained, pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes,.
- Take 1 of lime, juiced.
- Prepare of Freshly cracked black pepper,.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- Take of Garnish Examples: Handful of chopped coriander,1 spring onion chopped, lime wedges.
Steps to make Authentic Pad Thai:
- Soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes until soft, drain the water..
- Make pad thai sauce by placing ingredients in a small saucpan over a low/medium heat. Once the sauce thickens, add 1 tbsp of water, mix and set aside..
- In a seperate bowl, add the cornflour and black pepper and mix, add the tofu until pieces are coated..
- In a wok on a medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, chilli flakes and prawns (or mushrooms), spring onions, shallot and tofu. Cook for 4 minutes or until tofu is slightly browned on all sides. Set aside on a seperate plate..
- Add 1 Tbsp oil in the wok, add whisked eggs and mix until cooked/resembles scrambled eggs (if you are vegan go to step 6).
- Add drained noodles, beansprouts and sauce and toss until egg and sauce coats the noodles,.
- After 5 minutes add prawns/mushrooms/tofu mixture, 2-3 Tbsp of crushed peanuts and lime juice, toss for a final time.
- Serve immediately and garnish..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food authentic pad thai recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!