Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bacon, leek and potato soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have bacon, leek and potato soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup:
- Make ready 6-8 of trimmed leeks, sliced.
- Make ready 1 of large onion, peeled and diced.
- Take 4 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Make ready to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 150 ml of single cream.
- Take 4 of bacon rashes, diced.
- Prepare 1.4 l of hot chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
Steps to make Bacon, Leek And Potato Soup:
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the onion and bacon and fry until the onion has softened..
- Add in the leeks and potatoes, reduce the heat and cover with lid. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Stir or shake the pan occasionally..
- Add in the stock, Season with salt and pepper and simmer covered with lid for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables have softened..
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes or so before blending the vegetables..
- Return to the heat and add the cream. Cook for a few minutes, don't allow to boil..
- Taste and season if needs be..
- While the the soup is resting fry the bacon until crispy and crunchy..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food bacon, leek and potato soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!