La Paz Road Bean Soup.
You can cook La Paz Road Bean Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of La Paz Road Bean Soup
- You need of Ingredients.
- You need 1 tbsp of EV olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of diced carrots, amount divided in half.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 1/3 medium of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 stalk of fresh rosemary, to be removed before serving.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh shelled cranberry beans (or canned bean, like cannellini — if using, drain first).
- You need 2 quart of water or enough to cover the beans by ~ 1.5 inches).
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion, diced.
- It’s 1 small of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1 medium of diced zucchini.
- It’s 1/4 cup of wheat, corn or rice small pasta — shells or elbows.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried lemongrass (trust me!).
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1 pinch of crushed red pepper, optional!.
La Paz Road Bean Soup instructions
- Soften half the carrots, all the diced yellow onions and celery in the EVOO. When translucent, add rosemary and the beans, and cover with ~2" water. Let simmer for 45-minutes to 1 hour, until the beans are soft and the liquid is thickened from the beans..
- Add the remaining carrot, tomato, and zucchini, diced, to the pot and let simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. When vegetables are tender, add the small pasta and the final seasonings — red crushed pepper, soy sauce and lemongrass. When the pasta is tender, it?s ready to serve..
- I also add a twist of two of dried porcini mushrooms from my grinder, but if you don't have it, don't worry. Fresh mushrooms don't really work well here..