Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, vickys maple roast christmas turkey, gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vickys maple roast christmas turkey, gf df ef sf nf using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get 1 of large turkey, around 6kg /14lbs, giblets removed.
- Prepare 2 of lemons, halved.
- Take 100 grams of sunflower spread / butter.
- Take 2 of medium onions, peeled and quartered.
- Make ready 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 12 slice of streaky bacon or pancetta.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Get 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of cornstarch / cornflour.
- Get 400 ml of hot chicken or turkey stock.
Instructions to make Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Mix the juice of 1 of the lemons with 3/4 of the butter, melted. Set aside the squeezed lemon halves, we'll use them in a minute.
- Fry the onion quarters in the rest of the butter on a low heat for 5 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Making sure the giblets have been removed first, fill the turkey cavity with the onions, the squeezed and unsqueezed lemon shells and the thyme sprigs. Close and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Slid your fingers under the skin around the neck, over the breast meat and spoon some of the lemon butter into the pockets you've made. Rub the rest over the skin, not forgetting the legs and wings.
- Slice the bacon in half lengthwise if it's wide and arrange over the breast in a lattice pattern. It will shrink back a bit during cooking. Cover loosely with foil if you don't have a roasting pot with a lid.
- For turkeys over 4kg / 9lbs, allow 20 minutes per kg (first 20 minutes at a higher temp), plus 90 minutes with the oven slightly lower. For birds under 4kg / 9lbs the time is still 20 minutes per kilo but then only 70 minutes to finish.
- So based on my 6kg bird shown, cook it for 20 minutes at the preheated temp, then reduce the oven down to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and cook for another 4 hours (last half hour step below).
- Mix the maple syrup with the cinnamon and 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the lid / foil and brush the syrup mixture over the bird. Return to the oven uncovered for the final 30 minutes.
- To test if it’s ready, pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer. If the juices are clear, it’s cooked. If they are pink, return it to the oven for another 15 minutes and keep checking until cooked. Once cooked, tilt the tray gently so any juices run out into the corner.
- Transfer the roast to a platter and cover in foil. Put a tea towel on top to keep it warm and leave to rest for 20 minutes while you get on with the gravy. A roast bird covered this way will keep it's temp for almost a whole hour, so you've plenty of time to do sides even if your oven is small.
- To make the gravy, skim the fat from the juices in the roasting tin and discard, then stir in the flour. There will be quite a lot of fat because of the butter. Cook on the stove top for 4 minutes, stirring, then gradually stir in the stock until thickened. Heat until simmering, stir, then serve.
- This size of bird will feed a good 12 – 14 adults. Try my cornbread stuffing side dish with it! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350505-vickys-cornbread-stuffing-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food vickys maple roast christmas turkey, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!