You can have Palak Paneer using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Palak Paneer
- It’s of Chopped, Blanched and Ground.
- You need 2 bunches of palak (spinach).
- Prepare of Cubed.
- You need 200 g of paneer (cottage cheese).
- Prepare of Chopped and Ground into a Paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 10 of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli (deseeded).
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s of Fried in a Wok.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- It’s of Ground Paste.
- You need 3 teaspoons of garam masala.
- You need 3 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s of Ground Palak.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Cubed Paneer.
Palak Paneer step by step
- Chop/cut the palak leaves and rinse..
- Blanch the palak in boiling salted (1 teaspoon) water. Drain and cool..
- Grind until you get the texture you prefer. (Many like it in puree form).
- Cube the paneer. Got some from a local Indian mini market. My vegetable seller who is Indian said her family would just make the paneer themselves..
- Grind all the paste ingredients..
- Heat up 1 tablespoon ghee or 2 tablespoons oil in a wok. Fry paste till fragrant..
- Stir in the palak, milk and water, adding in garam masala and salt to taste. Fry for 3 minutes, then add in cubed paneer and cook for another 5 minutes..