Potato Gratin. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. This Potato Gratin is the perfect simple side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners I mentioned how I decided to skip mashed potatoes altogether and make potato gratin instead, and. Gratin (French pronunciation: [ɡʁatɛ̃]) is a culinary technique in which an ingredient is topped with a browned crust, often using breadcrumbs, grated cheese, egg or butter.
Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. You can have Potato Gratin using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Gratin
- Prepare 1 kg of potatoes.
- You need 1 medium of onions.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 100 grams of bacon.
- It’s 1/4 of white pepper.
- Prepare 400 ml of cream.
- You need 200 grams of grated gruyere cheese ( you can add more or less depending on your taste).
CREAMY SCALLOPED POTATOES – How to make SCALLOPED or AU GRATIN POTATOES Recipe. Whether you call it potatoes au gratin or au gratin potatoes, it's still the creamiest, yummiest side dish and goes great with any dinner. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Pour cream mixture over potatoes and cover dish tightly with foil.
Potato Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Slice potatoes very slim and set aside in cold water..
- You can either buy bacon sliced or slice it very finely. Fry until cripsy and golden then set aside..
- Dice onion, garlic and parsley..
- Put in a bowl the chopped onions, garlic, parsley, bacon, 100g of cheese, and cream. Add pepper, nutmeg and mix together..
- Put a bit of mixture in the baking dish and arrange the sliced potatoes in one layer and add mixture on top and arrange another layer of potaoes. Continue like that until you're done with the mixture and potatoes..
- And sprinkle 50g of cheese on top of the arranged potatoes and and cover..
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife goes through potatoes with ease..
- Sprinkle the remaining 50g cheese and place baking dish in grill to melt and brown the cheese..
- And serve with meat of your choice or salad. And for vegetarians, you just omit the bacon and enjoy with salad..
Bring to room temperature before broiling. Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. Move out the way, mashed potatoes. Of all the ways to make potatoes, au gratin may be our favorite. Potato gratin is one of those dishes that is so simple to make, but the results are fantastic.