Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach. Butternut squash makes the creamiest sauce, which makes it a healthy, lighter alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage. Toss in cooked pasta and sausage and mix until well coated.
We're really "pan roasting" the butternut squash for this dish. Different from the norm with turkey sausage, roasted butternut squash, balsamic vinegar, and sage. I roasted the squash w/ olive oil, sage, a tbls of butter and a bit of chicken stock. You can have Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach
- It’s Half of pound Italian sausage.
- You need of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need Half of pound pasta.
- Prepare of Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 handful of Baby spinach.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves; minced.
Pasta served with a homemade butternut squash pasta sauce of roasted butternut squash, shallots, cream, and Parmesan cheese. We often find butternut squash inside of ravioli, so why not on the outside for a butternut squash pasta dish? It just needed to be thinned a bit with water, made savory. Cut butternut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds.
Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach instructions
- Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. I used fusilli so it can pick up that amazing sauce!.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, and garlic on med high heat until no longer pink. No oil needed. I started with half a tsp of red pepper flakes..
- Don’t forget your pasta!!!!! Keep some pasta water on the side. Leave the pasta in a strainer..
- Add in the pasta sauce to the pan w sausage. Simmer until bubbly..
- Then the spinach..
- Arrange your bowl! Pasta, sauce, top w shredded Parmesan and pepper if ya like! (I love freshly cracked black pepper) Enjoy!.
And this Butternut Squash & Spinach Pasta couldn't be simpler to make. I have not used much ingredients and kept it simply. Boil your pasta and while that is boiling, roast the butternut squash and then simply toss everything together with the pasta sauce. I also added some roasted almond here. Once much of the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles, add the spinach and sliced pre-cooked sausage, and gently stir into the.