Super Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Bites (nuggets).
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, super soft pretzels and pretzel bites (nuggets). One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Super Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Bites (nuggets) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Super Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Bites (nuggets) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook super soft pretzels and pretzel bites (nuggets) using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Super Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Bites (nuggets):
- Make ready 4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Take 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Take 1 1/4 cup of warm water ( 110 degrees F/ 45 degrees Celsius ).
- Get 5 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Get 4 cup of hot water.
- Take 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- Make ready 1 of cinnamon and sugar mixture , Optional.
- Take 1 of pretzel salt or any course salt, kosher is ok.
- Take 1 stick of melted butter.
Instructions to make Super Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Bites (nuggets):
- Dissolve sugar in warm water with yeast. Let sit until foamy. About 10 minutes or so..
- In large bowl, add the flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Mix until well combined..
- Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and slowly add the yeast mixture and vegetable oil..
- Mix well until it turns into dough. Add one tablespoons of warm water at a time if dough is to dry..
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Usually about 8 to 10 minutes. Grease a large bowl with vegetable oil and place dough in bowl, turning to coat all sides..
- If you have a bread maker, set to dough setting and take out after first rise. Saves time..
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in warm place until it doubles in size. Usually about an hour, depending how warm the place is. May take less time if very warm..
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Yes 450 🙂 Grease 2 cookie sheets. I like to also use cooling rack after I dip pretzels in water bath to drain off excess water, but you don't have to..
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. I like bringing my water to a full boil, then adding soda. Be careful because it will foam. Then remove from heat after it has fully been dissolved..
- When dough has doubled in size, turn out onto lightly floured surface and divide into 12 pieces. You can make these as large or small as you like. I like mine rather large as you can see..
- Roll each piece into a rope by using both hands and working from the middle out. Make rope about 15-20 inches for larger pretzels..
- Shape each rope into a pretzel shape. I make a upside down horseshoe shape and then take ends and twist and press ends at bottom of twisted end. Shape pretzel after twisting to make it more pretzel looking..
- Once all the pretzels are formed, dip each pretzel into water and baking soda mixture and place on cookie sheet draining off excess after dipping..
- This gives the pretzels that golden mahogany color. I like mine a little lighter so I do not bake mine as long. Whatever you choose is fine..
- Beat eggs and water together to make a egg wash..
- Brush the dipped pretzels in egg wash mixture and sprinkle each pretzels with salt..
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until browned to your liking..
- Brush with melted butter right out of the oven..
- You can also roll out the ropes and cut into 1 inch pieces and follow rest of directions to make pretzel bites. Or roll into sticks..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food super soft pretzels and pretzel bites (nuggets) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!