Spicy Mexican rice.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spicy mexican rice. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Mexican rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Spicy Mexican rice is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook spicy mexican rice using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Mexican rice:
- Get 500 g of basmati rice.
- Make ready of equal amounts of cold water (use same measuring jug/cup for both.
- Get 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 4 of large chicken breast diced.
- Prepare 300 g of spicy chorizo into thick slices.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Get 1 of red pepper sliced.
- Take 1 of large red onion thinly sliced.
- Make ready 1 cup of frozen garden peas.
- Prepare 3 of large scallions chopped for topping.
- Take 1 of birdseye chilli finely chopped.
- Get 3 tbsp of Chipotle sauce/salsa.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of hot chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1/2 of dried oregano.
Steps to make Spicy Mexican rice:
- Put equal amounts of rice and cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to a low heat cover pot and leave to cook for 10 minutes after 10 minutes remove lid and fluff up rice put lid back on pot and allow to steam as u prep ingredients. (This is how I always cook rice).
- In a large pan put oil chicken and chorizo and cook until chicken is totally cooked.
- Add chopped veg (except scallions)for 5 minutes then add spices and mix well.
- Now add cooked rice and coat it with the seasonings until no white remains on the rice.
- Finally add Chipotle sauce and give a final mix and top with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spicy mexican rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!