Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, pretzel bites. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pretzel Bites is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Pretzel Bites is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have pretzel bites using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pretzel Bites:
- Make ready of Pretzel ingredients.
- Take 1 1/2 Cups of Warm Water.
- Make ready 1 Packet of Yeast (2 1/2 tsp).
- Take 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Shortening (softened).
- Get 1 Tsp of Butter flavoring (optional).
- Take 5 Cups of Flour, General Purpose.
- Take of Soda bath.
- Prepare 9 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Baking Soda.
- Take of Prebake.
- Make ready 1 of Egg White (Large Egg).
- Take of Coarse Sea Salt.
- Take of Other things.
- Prepare sheet of Cookie.
- Prepare of Parchment paper.
- Make ready bowls of Several.
- Make ready spoon of Slotted.
Steps to make Pretzel Bites:
- Gather all the ingredients. Prep work is key to making this go smoothly..
- In a bowl, whisk together warm water and yeast. Let sit for a minute or so..
- Whisk in the salt, brown sugar, shortening, and butter flavoring (if desired.) Whisk until well blended. NOTE: while trying for an emulsion, it is perfectly fine to have broken up bits of shortening in the bowl..
- Using wooden spoon, or dough hook, gradually add flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is not the consistency of paste, and has a slight spring to it..
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for three minutes..
- Lightly cover with cloth, and let rise 10 minutes..
- While dough is rising, prepare Soda bath on stove top and bring to a boil. Preheat oven to 400F..
- Once dough has risen, deflate and flatten it slightly. Cut into long strips. A pizza cutter works well at this point..
- Cut the long strips into smaller squares..
- Roll each square into a ball and set aside. Repeat until dough is used up..
- In batches of four or five, place dough balls into soda bath for around 30-45 seconds. Lift out with slotted spoon, drain, and set on parchment lined cookie sheet..
- Repeat step 11 until all dough balls are done..
- Wash each dough ball with egg white, and sprinkle generously with coarse sea salt..
- Bake for approximately 17 – 19 minutes, until deep golden brown with a hard shell crust..
- Remove. Cool. Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pretzel bites recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!