Chicken and Chorizo Paella. Swap traditional seafood paella for an easy chicken and chorizo version – a hearty family supper for four. Chorizo and chicken Paella made in a cast iron skillet, bursting with flavor from fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, saffron, tumeric, and more! This chicken and chorizo paella is a flavor party in a skillet.
It is made with chicken thighs and traditional Spanish chorizo, along with a sofrito I have tried so many types of paellas in my life, and chicken and chorizo paella is one of my favorites. I really love the flavors that chorizo adds to. This chicken and chorizo paella is a hearty sharing dish that's easy to cook and serve in one dish.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken and chorizo paella. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken and Chorizo Paella is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chicken and Chorizo Paella is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Swap traditional seafood paella for an easy chicken and chorizo version – a hearty family supper for four. Chorizo and chicken Paella made in a cast iron skillet, bursting with flavor from fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers, saffron, tumeric, and more! This chicken and chorizo paella is a flavor party in a skillet.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken and chorizo paella using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Chorizo Paella:
- Get 2 of Chicken Breasts (diced).
- Get 100 grams of Chorizo (sliced).
- Take 250 grams of Risotto (or Paella) Rice.
- Prepare 1 of Litre Chicken Stock (replace some of the stock with a glass of white wine if you're a legend).
- Make ready 1 of Onion (diced).
- Get 2 of Peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 stick of Celery (sliced).
- Take 1 of Tomato.
- Get 3 clove of Garlic (finely sliced).
- Get 1 pinch of Saffron.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Chopped Parsley (or dried).
- Take 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
Heat the oil in a large, lidded, heatproof pan or paella pan. Fry the chicken until the pieces are evenly browned. A Chicken and Chorizo Paella might sound like a very ambitious project, but once you realize how easy and quick it is, you will be making it over and Tim and I had some friends over, who didn't have a clue that it was a wine holiday, but enjoyed being served Chicken and Chorizo Paella and tasting. This easy version of the traditional Spanish rice dish features both chicken and chorizo sausage mixed in with the rice, peas and tomato.
Instructions to make Chicken and Chorizo Paella:
- Skin and de-seed the tomato. The easiest way to do this is to to make a cross in the skin at the bottom and then plop it in a bowl of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, turning it over every now and again. Pour away the water and when it's cool enough, peel off the skin. Quarter the tomatoes, squish out the seeds and then dice the flesh..
- Get a large frying pan on a medium heat with some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry it for 5 minutes or so, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- Add the rice to the pan that was used for the chicken (add more oil if needed) and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously, until the rice turns translucent. Remove form the pan and set aside with the chicken..
- Add the sliced chorizo to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to release it's oil. Then add the onion, celery, peppers, garlic and tomato. Fry for a further 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are beginning to soften..
- Add the rice and chicken back to the pan along with the stock, saffron, parsley and smoked paprika. Stir it all together. Turn the heat to low and leave to cook for 20-30 minutes – stirring occasionally – until most of the liquid has been absorbed..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
Read the Paella with chicken and chorizo recipe. While paella is often associated with seafood, it is made throughout all parts of Spain – not just coastal regions – and got its start as a farm worker's. This great seafood and chicken paella recipe can stand on its own, or you can serve it alongside some steamed clams. Heat oil in a large paella pan over medium heat. Move cooked chorizo to the outside of the pan.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken and chorizo paella recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!