Eggplant meatballs with marinara. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the eggplant on top. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and. Eggplant Meatballs in Marinara Sauce is actually a meat-free recipe that is vegetarian and gluten-free.
Served over my mushroom marinara and topped with vegan cheese. Slow simmered marinara is made with roasted garlic and roasted eggplant with a splash of red wine for good measure. The roasted eggplant and roasted garlic cook into the sauce, melting Top some spaghetti with the marinara and meatballs and you're ready for your Lady and the Tramp moment. You can have Eggplant meatballs with marinara using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant meatballs with marinara
- Prepare 1 of small eggplant.
- Prepare 1 of large egg lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 cup of cooked cannellini or navy beans (rinsed), smash with fork.
- Prepare 1 of large clove garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of finely chopped basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara (homemade or store bought.
Eggplant Meatballs in Marinara Sauce is actually a meat-free recipe that is vegetarian and gluten-free. This Eggplant Meatball recipe is made with roasted eggplant, creamy salty parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs and fresh basil and parsley packed into a balls, and then lightly fried, served topped. Salvatore Denaro's luscious version of melanzane alla parmigiana (eggplant Parmesan) is a sort of oven-baked eggplant sandwich enclosing hard-cooked eggs, tomato sauce, mozzarella and lots of fresh, late-summer basil. This marinated eggplant, similar to an eggplant pickle, is bright and delicious, the perfect spread on fresh bread or crackers.
Eggplant meatballs with marinara step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the eggplant on top. Use a fork to prick the eggplant 4 times, then place the eggplant in the oven and roast it until it has completely collapsed and a paring knife easily slips into the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool the eggplant 20 minutes. Leave the oven on..
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh (discard the skin). Place the roasted eggplant in a medium bowl and stir in the egg and beans. Add the garlic, basil, parmesan, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine, then mix in the breadcrumbs..
- Again, line the rimmed baking sheet with a clean sheet of foil and lightly mist it with spray. Shape the eggplant mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball (2 tablespoons per ball; you should get about 16). Place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly mist the top of the balls with spray. Bake the eggplant balls until they are golden brown and firm, about 20 minutes..
- While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce. Serve over pasta or not :).
Use eggplant in pasta dishes or as a "meat" replacement in vegetarian stews. Add a little oil to a pan on medium-high heat and cook the onions and garlic until they are deeply caramelized. This is great with fried eggplant or meatballs. I'm sure you could add ground meat if you wanted to make a meat sauce. These Eggplant Parmesan Poppers have all the deliciousness of eggplant parmesan, in bite-size form!