Healthy Apple cake!. We call for white whole-wheat flour in this recipe; it has a milder flavor than regular whole-wheat flour and more fiber than all-purpose flour, so it's perfect for making healthier baked goods. This healthy apple cake is best served fresh from the oven. However, the completely cooled cake is delicious as well.
This delicious Homemade Apple Cake gives you made-from-scratch bragging rights, while you throw it together in three easy steps. Cinnamon, apples and walnuts are brought together for a warm, spiced fall treat served up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This will be a family fall favorite in even less time than it takes to make it. You can cook Healthy Apple cake! using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Apple cake!
- You need 250 g of apples (granny Smith's around 4) peeled and chopped up.
- You need 150 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 3 of x medium eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 170 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon (grounded).
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Topping…
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
How to make this healthyish apple cake recipe. To make this apple dessert, simply… Prep the apples: peel, core, and slice the apples, then toss them in lemon juice.; Beat sugar + eggs: beat the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and salt until the mixture is thick and creamy. It's a real cake that tastes like apples, not sugar, and it doesn't contain refined ingredients. The same apple and cinnamon cake I began making every fall during college.
Healthy Apple cake! instructions
- Pre heat oven 180c (fan) prepare round 9inch tin (spring form ideal).
- Peel apples and chop onto small cubes (pop into a bowl cold water until needed).
- In a large bowl Beat eggs and vanilla extract, and sugar until light and fluffy (hand mixer).
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Carefully fold the flour mix into the egg mixture, do not over mix (use spatular).
- Fold in the drained chopped apples (lightly).
- Pour mix into prepared round tin, mix the topping cinnamon and sugar in a cup, and sprinkle over top of cake mix.
- Pop in middle of pre heated oven for 30 minutes, checking after with a skewer if clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Saves for 3 to 4 days, best eaten warm!.
It's a wonderful old-fashioned recipe, very similar to this recipe for fresh apple cake. It's a great cake, but loaded with fat and sugar. Skinny on Healthy Harvest Fresh Apple Cake. This year I found myself craving a different kind of fresh apple cake. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended.