Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots. When it comes to khoresht, or Persian stew, no matter the ingredients, the idea is to create a dish in which hot, sour and sweet flavours are in balance. This khoresht, made with chicken, prunes and apricots, is one of my favourites. It's a bit of an investment, but a pinch goes.
This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses. The Best Stewed Dried Apricots Recipes on Yummly
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, persian chicken stew with dried apricots. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
When it comes to khoresht, or Persian stew, no matter the ingredients, the idea is to create a dish in which hot, sour and sweet flavours are in balance. This khoresht, made with chicken, prunes and apricots, is one of my favourites. It's a bit of an investment, but a pinch goes.
Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have persian chicken stew with dried apricots using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots:
- Prepare 200 g of diced chicken meat.
- Prepare 200 g of soft dried apricot, halved.
- Make ready 2 of medium onions, thinly sliced.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Make ready 2 tbs of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sugar.
- Take 1 tbs of saffron water.
- Get Pinch of salt and chili powder.
- Make ready of Olive oil.
Buckwheat, Hazelnut, And Dried Apricot Bread, Dried Apricot Jam, Dried Apricot Pie. Persian Apple Stew with Dried ApricotTurmeric Saffron. A rich, fruit and fragrant stew. Khoresht fesenjan is a Persian stew made with pomegranate juice and walnuts.
Steps to make Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots:
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add onions and cook until soft..
- Then, add cinnamon- turmeric and chili powder to the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add diced chicken meat and cook for 6-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside..
- In a bowl with 1 ½ cups of water, add saffron water, vinegar and sugar..
- Mix well and dissolve sugar..
- Transfer fried ingredients and halved apricots to the pot, add sugar-vinegar mixture to the pot..
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes. Once it is ready serve it with rice. Hope you enjoy this tasty stew..
Discard the dried lime, cardamom, allspice and cinnamon stick. Add the red wine vinegar and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Khoresht Fesenjan is a Persian stew made with pomegranate juice and walnuts. This version is made best, according to chef Matthew Dillon, with a "thoughtfully and responsibly Add the saffron water, chicken broth, pomegranate juice, cardamom, allspice, dried lime, and cinnamon stick, and bring to a. This aromatic chicken stew is deliciously tender and sweet, yet sharp with pomegranate molasses.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food persian chicken stew with dried apricots recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!