Chicken pot pie. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for One of our most popular and top-rated meals of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.
Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken pot pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken pot pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chicken pot pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for One of our most popular and top-rated meals of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken pot pie using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken pot pie:
- Prepare 440 g of or 31/2 Cups Flour.
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of Sugar.
- Get 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Make ready 250 g of Cold Butter or Margarine.
- Make ready 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3-4 Tablespoons of Ice Cold Water.
- Prepare of Pie Filling.
- Prepare 6 of Cooked Chicken Drumsticks (diced).
- Make ready 6 of Irish Potato (diced).
- Take 3 of Carrots (diced).
- Get 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Make ready cube of Seasoning.
- Make ready 1 of Onion bulb.
- Make ready of Scotch bonnet (as desired).
- Take of Curry and Thyme.
- Prepare of Cornstarch or Flour.
- Take of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Take of Spring onions for garnish.
Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source. How to make chicken pot pie.
Instructions to make Chicken pot pie:
- To make the pie crust, sift the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl, add sugar and salt. Grate/dice the cold butter into the flour mix and gently rubb it in using your palm to form a bread crumb consistency. Add the egg and gently work it into the flour. Add a tablespoon of cold water at a time until a dough is formed. Do not overwork the dough. The aim is to achieve a soft n flaky pie crust..
- Divide the dough into two and wrap with a cling film. Refrigerate for at least an hour. While the dough is chilling, prepare the filling. To prepare the filling, add veg oil to a pan on medium heat and saute the onion for about a minute. Add the cooked chicken and stir fry for a minute or two..
- Add the chicken stock enough to cook the potatoes. Add the diced potatoes, scotch bonnet, curry, thyme, salt to taste and seasoning cube. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Add the carrot when the potatoes are at least half way cooked. And stir together..
- Once the potatoes is cooked. Make a cornstarch slurry by dissolving the cornstarch in water and add to the filling. This is to keep the filling moist n not dry. Cover to steam for about 2 minutes and finally garnish with spring onions. Take off the heat and allow to cool down completely..
- Grease a 9" baking pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside. Get the dough out of the refrigerator. Knead half of the dough for about 30 seconds. Flour the work surface and roll the dough out using a rolling pin..
- Roll the dough to be about 2 inches wider than the dish. Fold in quarter and place on the greased pan for easy spreading on the pan. Gently use your palm to make sure the dough is well placed in the pan and use a kitchen scissors to trim the dough edges..
- Knead the second half of the dough for about 30 seconds. Flour the work surface, roll it out with a rolling pin and gently place on the filled dough. Trim the rough edges and use your finger to crimp the top and bottom dough together. Or create any impression of your choice. Brush the top with egg wash..
- Use a knife to create incisions at the top to allow free flow of steam. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade and bake for about 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before serving..
To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. If the last chicken pot pie you ate came from a little green box in the freezer section, you've been missing out on arguably the most classic — and most indulgent — of chicken dinners. I am neither a pot pie lover or a biscuit lover, but I had seconds on this. I did make some additions though. Chicken pot pie is easily one of the most popular recipes stateside with many different variations within the US.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!