Homemade Chocolate Pudding. More tips for making homemade chocolate pudding. Gather all of your ingredients before you begin. Once the pudding has thickened, you'll want to work quickly and add your chocolate, butter.
I like to store it in serving-sized plastic containers for ease. I was a big fan of those little jello pudding cups as a kid! My mom always had them in the fridge, and it was one of my favorite snacks. You can have Homemade Chocolate Pudding using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 3 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding PopsWell Plated. unsweetened cocoa powder, kosher salt Homemade Chocolate PuddingGluten Free Family Food. tapioca flour, vanilla extract, whole milk. My mom's best chocolate pudding recipe made with cornstarch and cocoa. I spooned this pudding into popcicle molds and made some fantastic homemade pudding pops. Homemade chocolate pudding comes together in just a few minutes.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of the milk until they are completely combined, with no lumps remaining. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, combine the remaining 2 1/2 cups of milk, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Heat until it is just about to a boil, whisking constantly. You will see steam rising off the liquid, and tiny bubbles forming around the edges..
- Remove the liquid from the heat, and slowly pour it into the bowl with the egg yolk and cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and bring it to a full boil over medium high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla..
- Pour the pudding into a large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving..
Rich in chocolatey flavor, it makes a deliciously elegant dessert to serve to friends and family. When I was a kid, pudding came. This Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe will have you skipping the boxed pudding mixes forever! Why buy it from the store when you can make your own with a few simple ingredients? Homemade chocolate pudding has always been a favorite dessert of mine.