Chicken-Daal Gosht | Chicken cooked in a Lentils Gravy.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken-daal gosht | chicken cooked in a lentils gravy. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken-daal gosht | chicken cooked in a lentils gravy using 31 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken-Daal Gosht | Chicken cooked in a Lentils Gravy:
- Take of (A) Daals/Lentils:.
- Make ready 12 Tablespoons of Chana Daal/ Bengal Gram.
- Get 6 Tablespoons of Masoor Daal/ Pink Lentils.
- Make ready 6 Tablespoons of Arhar/Toor Daal/Pigeon Peas.
- Prepare of (B) Whole Spices:.
- Take 2 of Cinnamon sticks.
- Make ready 2 of Bay Leaves.
- Make ready 4 of Brown Cardamoms.
- Make ready 4 of Green Cardamoms.
- Take 6 of Cloves.
- Take of C) Dry Roast & Grind to a coarse powder:.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of Coriander Seeds.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Cumins Seeds.
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of Fennel Seeds.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Peppercorns.
- Prepare of The) Other:.
- Prepare 8 of Chicken Drumsticks + 4 Thighs.
- Make ready 2 of Medium Onions (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 3 of Medium Tomatoes (Skin removed & Finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Ginger Paste (Divided).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Paste (Divided).
- Take 2 Tablespoons of Green Chilli Paste (Divided).
- Take 2 Tablespoon of Kasoori Methi (Do not crush).
- Take 1/2 Bunch of Fresh Green Coriander (Finely Chopped).
- Get 1/2 Bunch of Fresh Mint Leaves (Finely Chopped).
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Turmeric (Divided) Garam Masala Powder: 2 Teaspoons.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Tamarind Pulp 3 Tablespoons Oil (Divided) Salt: As per taste.
- Make ready of (E) Tadkaa/Tempering:.
- Get 6-8 of Large Garlic Cloves (Smashed).
- Take 4 Tablespoons of Desi Ghee/Clarified Butter.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Degi Mirch Powder.
Instructions to make Chicken-Daal Gosht | Chicken cooked in a Lentils Gravy:
- Wash all the 3 Lentils together until the water runs clear..
- Pressure cook the Lentils with 10 Cups Water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 tablespoon ginger paste, 1 tablespoon garlic paste, 1 tablespoon green chilli paste & 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes on high. Let the pressure release automatically. Keep covered..
- Wash the Chicken thoroughly in a colander under running water. Shake off the excess water. Make deep gashes on the drumsticks. Cut the thighs into small bite size pieces. Set aside..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet/wok..
- Tip in all the whole spices – the Bay Leaves, Cinnamon sticks, Cloves, Brown Cardamoms, Green Cardamoms & the Cloves. Let them crackle & release their aroma..
- Sauté the onions until golden. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon each of ginger paste, garlic paste & the green chilli paste..
- Add the Chicken Drumsticks. Cook on high for about 10 minutes. Now goes in the boneless Chicken Thighs..
- Cook on high for another 10 minutes. Note: If using bone-in thighs, then add along with the drumsticks..
- Add the skinless chopped Tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon of Green Chilli paste followed by the remaining 1 teaspoon of Turmeric..
- Cook covered over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add a cup of water. Cook for 8-10 minutes over low heat..
- Dry roast Jeera, Dhania, Saunf & Peppercorns on low heat. Cool & grind to a coarse Powder. Add Garam Masala Powder to it. Set aside..
- Blend the Daal well with the back of a ladle..
- Add Kasoori Methi, Coriander Leaves & the Mint Leaves. Add the freshly roasted & ground spices & the Garam Masala Powder..
- Add the cooked Daal to the Chicken. Add the Tamarind pulp. Adjust seasoning. Simmer for a few minutes..
- Transfer the Daal Gosht to a Serving Dish..
- 2nd & final Tadkaa/Tempering: Heat 2 Tablespoons Desi Ghee in a small Frying Pan. Tip in the smashed Garlic. Cook over low heat until golden. Add the Degi mirch. Cook for 10-15 seconds. Pour the hot Ghee on top of the Daal Gosht..
- Serve hot with Rice, Roti, Parantha..
- Note: The 3 Lentils combined measures about 2 standard cups..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken-daal gosht | chicken cooked in a lentils gravy recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!