Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes.
You can have Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes
- You need of Cupcake Ingredients.
- It’s 1 packages of 16.25 oz. White cake mix with pudding.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil/canola oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans, divided.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Prepare 1 packages of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened (1 stick).
- Prepare 4 of to 6 cups sifted powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Fill cupcake tin with liners and set aside..
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of coconut.(Or more if you like) Continuously stir to allow the heat to dry out the coconut and begin to brown. This can take about 5-10 minutes. Also, keep in mind that if you are using sweetened coconut it tends to brown faster so keep a close eye on the browning process. Once brown, set aside to cool..
- Mix first five ingredients until well incorporated. Gently stir in 1 cup of coconut and 3/4 cup of pecans reserving the rest for the topping..
- Spoon the cupcake batter into your lined cupcake tin 3/4 of the way full..
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven once done and allow to cool completely before frosting..
- For the cream cheese frosting- In a stand mixer (or a regular hand held mixer will do fine) beat the cream cheese and butter until well combined and smooth..
- Add the sifted powdered sugar one cup at a time until all the sugar is incorporated. Add in the almond and vanilla extracts until smooth and creamy..
- Frost cupcakes once cooled or pipe on frosting using a piping bag and tip. Top the cupcakes with remaining chopped pecans and toasted coconut and enjoy!.