Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible.
Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; add salt and bring to a boil. The ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes are potatoes, cheese, and heavy cream with additional flavors such as garlic and thyme. It's important to use heavy cream instead of milk because the fat is important for the cheese sauce to bake properly. You can cook Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes
- You need 5 large of un peeled red potatoes, cooked in beef broth until tender and cooled in broth until cool enough to handle or up to two hours. This makes very tender easy to cube potatoes..
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream ; you can use whole milk or light cream but heavy cream makes the richest sauce!.
- You need 1 small of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks red hot, or what you like.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 of fresh grated parmesan or romano cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley for garnish.
Otherwise, the sauce would be too thin and. Thinly sliced white potatoes layered with Parmesan cheese and smothered in a creamy garlic cream sauce. The recipe for these Garlic Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin came from a cookbook I have and a restaurant I worked at before I moved to the U. These cheesy, dreamy potatoes au gratin are the ultimate potato casserole.
Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes instructions
- Remove cooled potatos from broth, peel and cut into 1inche cubes, set aside while making sauce..
- In a saucepan melt butter add onion and garlic and cook on low just to soften, do not brown, whisk in flour and cook on low 2 minutes, whisk in chicken stock and cream and all seasonings except cheese, stir and simmer until thickened, add cheese on low to melt, taste to see if salt, pepper or more lemon is needed. Add reserved potatos and heat through, Transfer hot to serving dish..
- Garnish with parsley.
- This can be kept warm over a double boiler for at least an hour..
- So good with all roasted meats, grilled meats and fish!.
Layers of thinly sliced potatoes, cheese, garlic and herbs make this super I decided to just keep it super simple this time around and use majority of a super salty Parmesan and just some Gruyere to really seal the flavor deal. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. Sliced sweet potatoes with one wee little yellow potato in the mix, sprinkled with a touch of thyme, lots of fresh grated Parmesan cheese and baked to perfection A simple gratin featuring sweet potatoes, thyme, low-fat milk, and parmesan cheese.