Beef Au Gratin Casserole. This Casserole is created using some kitchen staples and is creamy & delicious, with little effort. I always stock up on Ground Beef when it is on sale and Stocking up on Pantry Staples like Au Gratin Potatoes is another money-wise trick I live by. This is a very hearty and soul warming casserole.
In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain well. With layers upon layers of beefy and cheesy goodness, this baked dish is packed with flavor. Mix the ground beef with the garlic powder, red onion, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil. You can have Beef Au Gratin Casserole using 14 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Au Gratin Casserole
- It’s of Olive Oil Spray.
- You need 1.5 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1.5 lbs of petite red potatoes (sliced thin).
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Cheese Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium onion (diced).
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth (divided into 2 cups and 1 cup).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 lb of block Colby jack cheese (cubed).
Spread out beef on the bottom of a baking dish. An easy casserole recipe with ground beef, cheese and potatoes like a meaty potatoes au gratin or cheesy scalloped potatoes with hamburger. Our house used to be the default party house. Husband and I both love to entertain and we have a pretty cool backyard for kids (pool, basketball, trampoline.
Beef Au Gratin Casserole step by step
- Spray 13×9 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Thinly sliced potatoes..
- Dice onions..
- Cube cheese block..
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan on medium heat..
- On medium high heat in medium skillet cook ground beef until browned and crumbled. Set aside..
- Add diced onions to melted butter and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes)..
- Add corn starch and dried thyme. Cook an additional 1 minute while stirring well..
- Add 2 cups broth. Stir continuously until thickened. (3-5 minutes).
- Add other cup of broth. Stir well. Reduce temp to medium-low..
- Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and well incorporated..
- Add Colby jack cheese. Stir continuously until melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat..
- Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Top potatoes with cooked ground beef..
- Layer the rest of the potatoes on top of the ground beef. Salt and pepper..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes and ground beef layers..
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Set baking dish on a baking pan to collect any spillover. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, remove foil. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar..
- Add 1 cup Italian bread crumbs. Return to oven uncovered additional 15 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes before serving..
Easy recipes for ground beef casserole. See how to make this hearty dinner winner with rice, noodles, potatoes, or Mexican-style. This delicious spaghetti squash casserole combines cooked ground beef, onion, and bell pepper with baked squash, served in the squash shell. Hope you all enjoy this yummy and simple recipe from yours truly 🙂 Potato au gratin is a very common, yet delicious side dish, however I decide. With layers upon layers of beefy and cheesy goodness, this baked dish is packed with flavor.