Quick Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat. Quick Shepherd's Pie: This easy Shepherd's pie is versatile and quick to make.
You can use lean ground beef or turkey instead. So, this is how you spell it: Shepherd's Pie. But, from doing a quick google search, it came to my attention that TONS of people The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. You can cook Quick Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 3 of Potatoes (big).
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 100 grams of Peas.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- It’s 3 of sliced cheese.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- It’s 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- Prepare 50 of Butter.
These shepherd's pies are prepared just like regular shepherd's pie, but this classic comfort food is This isn't the traditional Shepherd's Pie with lamb, but a quick and easy version my family loves. A fast and tasty Shepherd's pie that will fill up the whole family. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Quick Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
See a simple shepherd's pie recipe. Enjoy this hearty pie dish that is deceptively simple to make. Shepherd's pie is a great favorite in our house and I love your recipe for it! I also have a Quick Shepherd's Pie recipe but I'm exited to try this one out & see how it compares to mine..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.