Shepherd's Pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Expect the best shepherd's pie in Singapore. Premium ground beef, fresh local greens and hand-whipped mashed potatoes. Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 1 tbsp of reduced calorie margarine.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of reduced sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of cubed, cooked chicken breast.
- You need 2 of carrots, sliced and blanched.
- You need 1 cup of chopped, cleaned spinach leaves.
- You need 6 of chopped scallions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thawed frozen corn kernels.
- You need 1/2 cup of evaporated skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves, crumbled.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground marjoram.
- It’s 3 of medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. This family friendly shepherd's pie uses ground beef (instead of the traditional lamb), and your Instant Pot® or multi-cooker pressure cooker to prepare the filling and potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes..
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got traditional recipes, plus spiced and vegetarian alternatives. Try the classic shepherd's pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd's pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.