Persian prune stew with chicken. This is a popular and favorite stew in NW of Iran. It is easy to make and very delicious. Combination of sweet prunes and fried onions with chicken and spices such as saffron create a dish with full of flavor and color.
Add the water, saffron water, cinnamon stick, ginger, prunes, apricots and lime juice. Garnish the stew with some roughly chopped fresh coriander. Add the saffron water, chicken broth, pomegranate juice, cardamom, allspice, dried lime and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over moderately high heat.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, persian prune stew with chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Persian prune stew with chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Persian prune stew with chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
This is a popular and favorite stew in NW of Iran. It is easy to make and very delicious. Combination of sweet prunes and fried onions with chicken and spices such as saffron create a dish with full of flavor and color.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook persian prune stew with chicken using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Persian prune stew with chicken:
- Make ready of chicken breast /thigh.
- Make ready 5-6 of prunes for per person.
- Take 3 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 clove of garlic.
- Make ready of oil.
- Take to taste of salt – pepper.
- Make ready 1.2 tsp of turmeric.
Return the chicken pieces to the casserole, skin side up, along with any accumulated juices. Usually, dried bukhara plums are used for this stew but the yellow plums spoke to me — and not even in prose but poetry — and there's no reason we can't substitute fresh plums for dried plums for this stew. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the pot. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Instructions to make Persian prune stew with chicken:
- Pour water in a pot, add 1 tsp salt. Bring it to boil and add chicken pieces and one chopped onion and garlic. Allow to cook..
- Thinly slice two other onions..
- Sauté in oil. Then add turmeric and peppers.Cook until onions softened.
- Then add prunes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Set aside..
- Once chicken cooked, remove them from the pot and fry in a pan until browned..
- Pour 200 ml. chicken juice (chicken stocks) in the pot..
- Add chicken meat, and fried onions to the pot..
- Add 1 tbsp of saffron water to the sautéed onions and fried chicken. Taste the stew, if there is need, seasoning again..
- Allow to cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes. Serve it with saffron rice..
I highly suggest using bone in thighs. Remove skin from chicken thighs; season with salt and pepper, then add to onion in batches. Chicken and apricot stew with preserved lemon, harissa and eggs The Thai approach, combining hot, sour, salty and sweet, is really brought to life here, but without any trace of Thai flavours. So, I add the tomato paste, spices, and plums all in the same pot I am cooking the chicken in. I also add in a few baby carrots into the stew.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food persian prune stew with chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!