Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. All Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it and add it back to the pot. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo.
A symbol of Creole cooking, gumbo is ubiquitous in homes and restaurants across Louisiana. Andouille sausage and file powder make this chicken-and-sausage gumbo a classic and, as in any good gumbo, a deep, rich roux. Smoky sausage, okra, tender chicken and vegetables makes this a delicious dish.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken and sausage gumbo. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
All Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it and add it back to the pot. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken and sausage gumbo using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Sausage Gumbo:
- Make ready 500 g of smoked sausage (andouille, or kielbasa from the Polish shop works well).
- Make ready 4 of bone in, skin on chicken thighs.
- Make ready of Vegetable oil.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of flour.
- Make ready 2 of medium brown onions, diced.
- Prepare 2 of medium green bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 5 of ribs of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 litres of water.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- Make ready of Glug of Worcester sauce.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning (see recipe below).
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare Pinch of smoked bittersweet paprika.
- Make ready Bunch of spring onions.
- Prepare of Tabasco.
- Take of Hot basmati rice.
- Make ready of Cajun seasoning.
- Get 3/4 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
Get a taste of New Orleans cuisine at home with this savory and delicious chicken andouille sausage gumbo! Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing. This iconic dish represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. With ordinary ingredients, the right seasonings, and patience, the results are extraordinary.
Instructions to make Chicken and Sausage Gumbo:
- Cook sausage in a cast iron pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on kitchen roll, reserving drippings in pan. Set sausage aside..
- Brown chicken in drippings in the same pan over medium heat for 5 minutes or so. Remove to kitchen roll, reserving drippings in the pan. Set chicken aside..
- Add enough oil to drippings in same pan to measure 1/2 cup. Add flour, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 20 to 30 minutes, or until roux is chocolate coloured. Be careful not to burn it! Starting again is heartbreaking 😫.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and celery; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until tender. Stick your head in at this point for the best smell ever!.
- Gradually add 2 litres hot water. The mixtures seizes up at first because of the roux but will continue to loosen. Once all the water has been added, bring the mixture to a boil. Add chicken, garlic, bay leaves, Worcester, Creole seasoning, thyme and paprika..
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally for an hour. Remove chicken and let it cool..
- Add sausage back in and cook for a further 30 minutes..
- Stir in most of the sliced green onions and cook for a further 20 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the chicken off the bone and add back in the the gumbo with 5 minutes to go..
- Discard the bay leaves. Serve with rice, remaining green onions and a few good glugs of Tabasco on top..
The secrets to a good gumbo aren't anything fancy either, but if you take the time to do them right. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is a quick to make, incredibly delicious gumbo recipe that's loaded with chicken, sausage, okra, peppers, and tomatoes. Served over brown rice, this easy gumbo is a one pot meal that's both healthy and filling! If you enjoy this dinner recipe you might also like my Jambalaya. Chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp are a common trio.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!