Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice. Home Recipes Rice Cantonese Chicken & Salted Fish Fried Rice. As for our non-Asian friends, this salted fish fried rice might sound perhaps a bit too adventurous, at best. At its worst, it sounds like something Andrew Zimmern might describe with one of his crazy adjectives.
Salted fish is meant to be eaten in small quantities, almost as a condiment, to flavour a mouthful of rice or steamed pork patty. If you are new to eating If you love salted fish, use more. Even in its purest forms – steamed with lots of shredded ginger, or fried and served with a dipping sauce of pepper, salt.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, salted fish and chicken fried rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
Home Recipes Rice Cantonese Chicken & Salted Fish Fried Rice. As for our non-Asian friends, this salted fish fried rice might sound perhaps a bit too adventurous, at best. At its worst, it sounds like something Andrew Zimmern might describe with one of his crazy adjectives.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook salted fish and chicken fried rice using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice:
- Prepare 2 of chicken thighs fillets.
- Make ready 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of Salted Fish.
- Make ready of Bean sprouts.
- Get 1 of Spring onion.
- Take 1 of Brown onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh ginger.
- Get 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Get 1 of Lettuce leaf.
- Prepare 1 of & ½ cups of rice.
- Get 1 tsp of Chinese cooking wine.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Make ready of Salt & pepper (for seasoning).
The salted fish in this fried rice is the key ingredient as it gives so much flavour and fragrance while the chicken adds another dimension to the flavour and texture, while the lettuce gives it a hint of freshness which makes it a complete meal. Salty and savory, chicken and salted fish fried rice is so good, it can become addictive! To achieve the right flavor, you will need real fish sauce for this recipe, which can be purchased by the bottle at any Asian market or grocery store. Salted fish and diced chicken is a wonderful combination for making fried rice.
Instructions to make Salted Fish and Chicken Fried Rice:
- Chop ingredients as shown.
- I chopped dried anchovies, and shallow fried them in vegetable oil..
- Cook chicken in a pan seasoned with salt and pepper (fry till just tender) and remove from pan.
- Make an omelette using the eggs and set aside..
- Heat oil in large wok or pan and add ginger, garlic and onion. Stir till fragrant..
- Add the rice and combine with onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken.
- Add sesame oil, Chinese wine, fish sauce and soy sauce. (Stir in after adding each sauce).
- Add the black pepper powder..
- Chop up omelette and add in.
- Add anchovies and stir in.
- Lastly add chopped lettuce, bean sprouts and spring onions..
The finished fried rice is full of fragrance from the salted fish. If you use fresh rice, the fried rice tends to be overly moist and soft. Trim the fat off the chicken breast. How to cook Spiced Chicken and Salted Fish Fried Rice. Make the spiced chicken: Arrange chicken leg quarters in a pot then add the rest of the Make the salted fish fried rice: Heat oil in a wok.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food salted fish and chicken fried rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!