Lexie’s Chicken Florentine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and. Chicken Florentine is chicken that lies on a bed of spinach leaves, has a creamy white sauce, and is undeniably delicious!
Upgrade dinner tonight with this easy chicken Florentine recipe from Delish.com. This Creamy Chicken Florentine with a creamy sauce and spinach is pure comfort food for days when you This is a simple chicken Florentine recipe where chicken is simmered in a creamy wine and. Classic chicken Florentine–creamy spinach served atop sautéed chicken cutlets–is a fast and easy meal. You can have Lexie’s Chicken Florentine using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lexie’s Chicken Florentine
- It’s 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded even (1”-1 1/4” in thickness).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee if you have it).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 8 ounces of white mushrooms (sliced or quartered).
- It’s 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 cups of baby spinach leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
To keep calories lower, this recipe uses cornstarch to thicken the cream instead of cheese..on Yummly Quick Chicken Florentine Pizza, Cheesy Chicken Florentine, Chicken Florentine. Quick Chicken Florentine PizzaTyson. prebaked pizza crust, low fat ricotta cheese, frozen spinach. Florentine chicken is a tasty casserole made with cooked spinach and chicken in a creamy sauce, and a ham and Parmesan cheese topping.
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (cast iron skillet is best!). Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on medium-medium high (6 or so on an electric stove) for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan..
- Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel..
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more..
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Cook for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half..
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half and has started to thicken. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper..
- Add the spinach to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Stir the mushrooms into the sauce..
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken..
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve as is, or over pasta 😋.
We are now a homesteading family and love our sweet chickens. We utilize them in every way imaginable from pest control (they eat ticks and bugs!) to eggs to the meat. Chicken Florentine is a rich and creamy chicken recipe that is full of flavor. Chicken is cooked in a cast iron skillet and the skin is browned to a crisp. Serve with the heavy cream sauce over rice or with.