Pasta with Tuna. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. My mom used to make something similar when I was a kid, and I just loved it.
Canned tuna is used to make this yummy tomato sauce. This was a great time saver, I got home and was in a hurry, so I took some pasta and canned tuna out of my pantry. But like all children of immigrant families, mom had a cheap solution for times like this: pasta with tuna. You can cook Pasta with Tuna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- It’s 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- You need 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare of Pasta of choice.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- You need of Crushed red peppers (optional).
A healthy canned tuna recipe with spaghetti and a spicy garlic olive oil sauce. Tuna Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic. This easy recipe for Tuna Pasta with Olives in tomato sauce is made with ingredients from your Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious, this recipe makes a pasta in tomato sauce using canned tuna. This Tuna Pasta Salad with shell noodles, peas, tuna, celery, and Greek yogurt is fast, healthy, and a dish your whole family can enjoy!
Pasta with Tuna instructions
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna. When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to the bowl with the tuna. Add the tomato sauce with the olives, toss everything together, and serve. Tuna Tomato Pasta is one of our favorite recipes to eat, period. We've been wanting to blog this one for a long time, as it.