Chicken Enchiladas. These authentic chicken enchiladas with mole sauce were inspired by a dish served at Seattle's La Carta De Oaxaca restaurant. Chocolate and dried chiles make a rich and flavorful sauce that tops the moist and tender chicken enchiladas. This will make your chicken FABULOUS and trust me, this makes all the difference in the taste of the enchilada!!!
Line flameproof casserole or baking dish with enchiladas, seam side down. Pour hot tomato sauce over the chicken enchiladas and top with cheese. In this Chicken Enchiladas recipe, I used shredded chicken breast, but here's a few more ideas.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken enchiladas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Enchiladas is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Enchiladas is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
These authentic chicken enchiladas with mole sauce were inspired by a dish served at Seattle's La Carta De Oaxaca restaurant. Chocolate and dried chiles make a rich and flavorful sauce that tops the moist and tender chicken enchiladas. This will make your chicken FABULOUS and trust me, this makes all the difference in the taste of the enchilada!!!
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken enchiladas using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 of red onion.
- Make ready of coriander.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves.
- Get 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into small chunks.
- Take 200 grams of refried beans.
- Make ready 100 grams of sweetcorn.
- Make ready 350 ml of passata.
- Take 1 tsp of golden caster sugar.
- Get 2 of tortillas.
- Get 150 ml of soured cream.
- Get 100 grams of cheddar, grated.
Vegetarian enchiladas are great with refried beans or zucchini and cheese, then topped with sauce and more cheese. Leftover taco meat or picadillo also makes a great filling for enchiladas. You can use beef or turkey for this. These easy, cheesy chicken enchiladas come together in a snap and are faster and way more delicious than fast food.
Steps to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onions with the garlic for 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the coriander and cumin and fry for 1 minute more. Meanwhile, in another frying pan, fry the chicken until browned – add it to the onions when done..
- Stir the beans, sweetcorn and half the passata into the frying pan. In a bowl mix the rest of the passata, soured cream, sugar and season..
- To assemble, divide the chicken mix into the tortillas. Seal the tortillas and place in a ovenproof dish. Top with the passata/soured cream sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese..
- Heat in the oven 200C/gas 6 for 30 minutes.
If you have leftover roast chicken, use that here. Alternatively, you can buy a rotisserie chicken if you don't feel like cooking your own. Also, don't use corn tortillas, as these have a tendency to break and be hard to roll. Whatever you do, though, don't forget the fresh. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!