Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage.
You can have Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage
- Prepare 2 cups of Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded (8 oz.).
- You need 1 cup of Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese, shredded (4 oz.).
- It’s 1 cup of Gouda Cheese, shredded (4 oz.).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Havarti Cheese, shredded (2 oz.).
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese (1 oz.).
- It’s 1 lb. of spiral macaroni pasta of choice (I used Italian Trottole).
- You need 3 Tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of dry mustard.
- It’s 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1 pkg. of Johnsonville sausage six links (I used Jalapeño Cheddar) sliced into coins.
Creamy Five Cheese Mac and Sausage instructions
- Shred all of the cheeses and place together in bowl..
- Cook pasta as directed on package..
- Place sausage coins in a skillet and cooked until browned. Set aside..
- Place butter in large pan and melt over medium low heat. As soon as melted, whisk in the flour and dry mustard. Continue whisking until a slight paste starts to form. Take care not to burn..
- Whisk in the heavy cream. Continue whisking over medium low heat until thickened..
- Add in all of your cheeses. Whisk until smooth and incorporated..
- Add in your cooked, drained pasta. Mix completely. Now add in your sour cream and salt and pepper..
- Fold in your cooked sausage coins..
- Enjoy! ! I served mine with a side of my oven roasted broccoli..